India is the top remittance receiving country, receiving a remittance inflow of US$55 billions in 2010 alone. Are you looking to remit money to India? There are a number of remittance services that will enable you to make your remittance to India, so you may be wondering “what is the best way to remit money to India?” In order to find the best way to remit money to a bank account in India you will need to find out what services these providers offer and if they charge low transfer fees and have a good exchange rate for the Indian Rupee so that you can make the most of the money you are looking to remit.
Remitting money to India
Do you need to remit money to a relative or friend in India? Maybe you will be remitting money to your bank account back home in India? Whatever your currency requirements and your reason for remitting money to India, you will need to consider the advantages and disadvantages of the different services.
What services will enable me to remit money to India?
Most banks provide remittance services, for example Barclays, HSBC, NatWest
- You are remitting money through a service that you are familiar with using.
- The payment can be made directly from your bank account to your recipient’s account.
- Banks offer poor exchange rates, so you get less Indian Rupees for your money
- Banks can charge large transfer fees, so less of the money will be received in the recipient’s bank account.
- It can take up to 4 working days for the money to reach the bank account.
- Inconvenient service as you have to visit the bank to remit your money.
A money sending bureaux
Money sending bureaux such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
- Online payment services, so remitting money is convenient as you do not have to visit a shop to remit money.
- Fast payments, so your money to be received in a matter of minutes.
- You will get less foreign currency for your money as there transfer fees are uncompetitive exchange rate
- Large transfer fees, resulting in your recipient getting less of the money that you intended to remit.
- While your money can be received faster through a money sending bureaux than a bank, these faster payments are a lot more expensive than a regular transfer.
Xendpay: The best way of remitting money to India?
Xendpay.com is a great way to remit money to India as we are an online remittance service that helps tens of thousands of individuals each year to reduce the costs of remitting money across the world, making it easy and more convenient to complete the remittance
What are the benefits?
- 24/7 online payments platform– No need to visit shops or to queue
- Foreign exchange specialists
- Low transfer fees
- Competitive Indian Rupee exchange rate
- Secure payments
- Online and telephone assistance
- Easy way to remit money to India
Xendpay is an ideal solution for people looking to make a one of remittance or remit money on a monthly basis. The annual remittance limit with Xendpay is £7,500, however these limits can be increased simply. To increase your limits on your Xendpay account all you will need to do is provide us with documents that verify your identity and proof of address. When your limits have been increased you will be able to remit as much money as you require throughout the year.